Monday, May 31, 2010

Meanwhile, back on this planet...

A photo of a breeching humpback whale, snapped by my husband Marin while whale-watching off the shores of Massachusetts.

Just a quick note today... as we just returned from a visit to the home of a good number of healthy whales off Cape Cod, my mind is reeling from the reality of those whose lives are severely compromised in the Gulf of Mexico.

I came across a very great list compiled by my friend Barry (and his friend, Maia) concerning the many ways we can help:
http://www.oxherding.com/my_weblog/2010/05/responding-to-the-oil-spill.html

I had been thinking that there was no way I could possibly make a dent in this overwhelming catastrophe, until I read that it costs anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000 to fully rehabilitate one dolphin. (I'll send along the money a younger, singler me would've spent on gas to buzz on down to Gulf Shores to help out.)

No comments: